Breaking News

CFD Battles Two Fires on Friday

The Columbia Fire Department battles a residential, and commercial fire.

The department first responded to smoke coming from the roof of a house on Clinkscales Road at 4:37 p.m. Friday. No one was hurt, since the homeowner was at the grocery store. Investigators say the fire started in a laundry room electrical outlet, and caused about $40,000 in damage.

The second blaze started at 10:24 p.m. Friday, at the Robinson’s Cleaners Location on Conley Road. A dryer with a load of bath towels overheated and caught fire, leading to thick smoke throughout the business. Everyone in there at the time got out safely. Robinson’s Cleaners was closed for about two hours during the cleanup.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *